Monday, 31 December 2007

What do I wear when I'm cooking & cleaning?

A pinny? Sometimes, but not that often. I like an old-fashioned wraparound overall in plain drill cotton, generally green for housework and always white when I'm cooking. The only time I normally wear a pinny is when I'm in the middle of cooking and need to take a break. The pinny does keep the overall clean.

Marigolds? Yes, for most mucky jobs. The genuine Marigolds (Marigold Extra) are the best; a nice mould so my hands fit well, and the beaded cuff is the most effective means of stopping water dripping inside the gloves.

2 comments:

Sarah Conner said...

It sounds as though you wear exactly the same as me! You don't see the wraparound overalls about any more; they seem very old-fashioned. I had to wear them when I was a school dinner-lady, and have always done so since. Like you too, white and green, but I always wear a pinny over the top.

Why don't you post a photograph? Yes, I know, we can see you in your profile picture but it would be nice to have a clearer picture. One when you're wearing your pinny perhaps? It's always nice to see a man in a pinny.

Stephen said...

Thanks Sarah, I will have to see whether I can sort out a suitable photo or two for you.